Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Sunday 17 March 2013

Crufts 2013

I've never been to Crufts before nor have I even watched it on tv properly. Since we've been talking about getting a dog I thought it'd be a good idea to go somewhere to look at different breeds and find out some more information first hand. I really enjoyed the day, tickets were only £14 each so I felt we really got value for money.

French Bulldog Kisses:
Crufts 2013


There were hundreds and hundreds of dogs! I've never seen so many in my life! What you don't really see on tv is that away from the main arena there are quite a few small rings where all the individual breed judging takes place. The competitors are all lined up in stalls whilst they wait for their turn. A lot of people take it very seriously; there were even full sized grooming tables that people had brought to get their dogs ready! You didn't see a person with a dog without a brush in their hand, the dogs constantly being brushed and groomed to within an inch of their life. Those dogs have the patients of saints!!!

Chinese Crested Dog Preparing To Be Examined:
Crufts 2013

Miniture Pinscher Waiting To Be Judged:Crufts 2013

Bulldog Hiding From The Ring:
Crufts 2013

There were lots of displays including gun dogs, obedience, dog races and agility. It was nice to watch and made me decide that I want a dog that I'd be able to do some agility with. It seems like a good way to be social and keep fit. In the main arena we watched the judging of the best in group; it was the utility and toy dogs on the day we went.

Gun Dog Display:
Crufts 2013

Agility Winners:
Crufts 2013

Camera Crew:
Crufts 2013

Filming For The Television Coverage:
Crufts 2013

I enjoyed looking around the stalls but they were nearly all dog based which was a shame, I felt that at Horse Of The Year there was a bit stuff for other pets, outdoors etc. The part I enjoyed the most was walking around all the breed stands. It was lovely to see all the different breeds and we came across some that we'd never considered before.

Shetland Sheepdog:
Crufts 2013

Chow Chow:
Crufts 2013

Miniature Pinscher:
Crufts 2013

Husky:
Crufts 2013

Komondor:
Crufts 2013

Even The Dogs Went Shopping:
Crufts 2013

Overall, it was a good day out and I'd like to go again next year!

Crufts First Timers:
Crufts 2013

Crufts:
Crufts 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment