Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Thursday 27 September 2012

Photo Every Day #270

Today was the day before my day off tomorrow. Surprisingly it went quite fast and I cannot wait for a lie in! Plus it means only 2 more shifts before 2 weeks off! Yay! I'm definately in need of a break so it will be nice to be able to properly relax. I'll also be getting stuck into the box set a friend got me for my birthday. Several documentaries on some of the most infamous serial killers. My personal favourite is Ed Gein. He was the inspiration for the Hitchcock film 'Psycho', also one of my favourites. He suffered mental issues which were exacerbated by the death of his beloved mother, Although he only killed two people, he is most infamous for exhuming corpses, many shortly after burial, and turning them into household decorative items. I feel that if I were to be a serial killer, I'd defiantely want to go all out and be seen as a freak as well. I do feel a little sorry for Gein, as he clearly a very simple minded man who led an isolated, sad life and unfortunatley turned to activities which are not socially acceptable to the average sane person. Maybe if he'd have been born much later today's medical and mental health services would have been able to help him before his life took a turn for the worse. I definately don't see Ed Gein as a psychotic, self obsessed narcisist as many killers appear to be, or at the very least are portrayed that way by the media which is most likely the reason I pity him. I think he was just a simple, mentally ill man who unfortunately fell too deep into his own fantasy world which devastatingly ended with the deaths of two innocent women.

Killers:
Killers

Song Of The Day: Katy Perry - Hot & Cold
Reason: One of my fave Katy songs, really want to get her Sims 3 add on pack!

Highlight Of The Day: Getting my kitchen nice and clean. Bathroom tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment