Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Friday 3 August 2012

Photo Every Day #216

Today I finally got round to watching Secrets Of The Shoplifters on Channel 4. This is obviously of interest to me as I work in a department store and we obviously do get thieves! It was interesting for me to see it from the security/loss prevention side of things as usually I only see things from the shopfloor. I've personally been involved with the process of trying to catch or at least deter shoplifters, and it is of great importance to my job. After all, they said secretly taking a few sweets from the Woolworths pick and mix section wasn't really that bad, but now we have no Woolworths! (Although I'm sure it wasn't purely for that reason that they stopped trading!). I think the documentary has made me appreciate our staff members who work in this role more and has also brought out my fierce loyalty to the company. Whereas it isn't the best job I've ever had, it's sort of like having a younger sibling. You can be horrible to the sibling, as it's your relation, but there's no way you'll stand there and let anyone else be bad towards them! So, even though I'd rather be doing something film related, I'll be damned if I let people get away with stealing from our store!!

In lighter news, I recieved my first pack of films from the Lomography film subscription service. I ended up with 7 rolls of film for £30, around £4 a film!! Which is great considering I've ended up with 3 rolls of 120 colour neg 100iso film, 1 roll of 35mm Kodak black and white film, 1 roll of 35mm Fuji colour neg 160iso film, 1 roll of 120 Fuji colour 160iso film and 1 roll of 120 Fuji chrome film! Not a bad selection really and I'm particularly looking forward to using the chrome roll!

Film Supply:

Film Supply

Song Of The Day: Lana Del Rey - Dark Paradise
Reason: Seriously hope she makes a video for this one!

Highlight Of The Day: A really nice customer in work who was very appreciative of my customer service and gave me a nice compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment