Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Photo Every Day #102

Today Facebook has bought Instagram (one of my favourite iPhone apps, ever!) for $1billion. That's a pretty hefty sum of money for a little company with just a phone app, so huge congrats to them. I've ready several articles commenting that apps like Instagram and Hipstamatic (another of my personal faves) are killing 'proper' photography. I have to say I disagree. I love film and photography and am interested in anything visual. Although I think of photography as just a fun hobby of mine, I do want to get better at it and am interested in retro cameras, toy cameras, lomography etc. As you may know, I've recently been given a Praktica BCX and this is really the first proper film camera I've ever had so I'm just adoring it at the moment and having fun experimenting. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for my initial interest in photography followed by the fact that I was able to use apps such as Instagram that I may not be the proud owner of that Praktica at this moment. Instagram allows me, and its millions of other users to, experiment super cheaply and is fun to use to make my photos a little different from the norm. So, good luck to Instagram, here's hoping you only change for the better!


Heart Shaped Basket:
Heart Shaped Basket

Come Dine With Me:
Lunch For Two

Song Of The Day: Machine Head - Elegy
Reason: Beautiful song

No comments:

Post a Comment