Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Thursday 16 February 2012

Stop Motion Animation

Today I decided to finally get my bum into gear and make a basic stop motion short film. I've always liked stop motion, with films from people like the Brothers Quay and Jan Svankmajer being some of my ultimate favourites. We also recently watched some funny ones at Filmonik 56.

I wanted to keep it really simple as I'm still learning Final Cut Pro X ((I'm an Avid girl) and didn't want to get caught up in trying to create some sort of masterpiece that I wouldn't be able to achieve at this stage. I used my cute hippo salt shakers to star in a little story where they chase each other about.

I shot it with my Canon 550D and overall it took around 2 and a half hours from start to finish.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it, it being my first attempt and all. I know that some of it is out of focus and the lighting is quite flickery (I think this was because I kept leaving my arm in the way and was blocking the light) but I've already learn a fair bit on how to make the next one better.

Hippo Love:

No comments:

Post a Comment