Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Monday 27 February 2012

Photo Every Day #58

Today I've been at a make up course at the North West Media Make Up School. Today was day 1 of 2 and we learnt basic daytime looks, which included bases, contouring and light weight eye shadows (ie just a nice bit of eye shadow rather than going OTT with it). The PED is of my basic make up kit that I use myself on a daily basis (when I can be bothered!).

Here is my day to day make up kit (not all of it is shown):
Base:
Translucent loose powder, usually a cheap brand as I just tend to rub it off accidentally anyway. Plus I love making the most of my pale complexion rather than caking it in orange foundation. I use a big kabuki type brush to spread it evenly over my face and neck (slag lines are never a good look!).

Eyebrows:
Dark brown eye shadow, again a cheap brand as it seems silly to waste good eye shadow to fill in my eyebrows!

Cheeks:
Benefit 'Dallas' blusher gives me a bit of a glow without going OTT and stops me looking like I'm ill which would probably scare the customers at work.

Lips:
Generally nothing, it just rubs off but after today I may invest in a lip stain for special occasions.

Eyes:
I wear the most make up on my eyes. Generally I'll wear a liquid liner, usually Rimmel or Urban Decay, on my water line and/or along my lashline on my eyelid. If I'm going a bit heavier I'll use pencil underneath to dramatise it. Then I use Benefit eye cream in a nude shade all over my eyelid with a darker shade in the corners to widen my eye. Then I'll use loads of mascara as I quite like the slightly clumpy look. Currently I'm using Maybelline Cat Eyes mascara and Rimmel Max Curves mascara, usually I'll do a couple of coats of Cat Eyes followed by a couple of coats of Max Curves.

Extras:
If I'm doing a heavier eye look I'll use Benefits eye primer which gives a good base and makes it last quite well.  I'll also use eyelash curlers every couple of days as my eyelashes are so long and need maintaining.

Make Up Kit:
Make Up

Song Of The Day: Avril Lavigne - Fall To Pieces
Reason: Love a good old love themed song every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment